Sunday, January 13, 2008

eyes vs. stomach

On Friday, I went shopping, and bought three lovely sweaters. Friday evening, I tried them on. ugh. Two of them had to go back.

On Saturday, the salesclerk asked, "So, was there anything wrong with the sweaters?" I told her no, they were gorgeous. "When I was young, my mom used to tell me that my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Now that I'm older, it turns out that my stomach is bigger than my eyes." She looked at me and burst out laughing. She laughed so hard, she rang me up wrong three times. sigh.

They really were gorgeous sweaters. Unfortunately they looked better on the rack than they did on me. So much for shopping. :)

Gotta run...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Suzie - it looks beautiful - very professional. I'm looking forward to more

Jane