Monday, January 21, 2008

Road Trip

whew! Yesterday we did the down and back trip to Ontario, CA, which is 3.5 hours one way. We hopped in the car by 6:45am, and were home at 9:45pm. what a day, what a day!! It was all good, filled with quilts and friends and fun and laughter with a bit of vendor-shopping thrown in for good measure. :)

First off I'd like to show you my friend Sharon, and her award-winning Outstanding Innovative Quilt. Rumor has it that it was in contention for Best of Show. In my book, that's exactly what it was - the best of the best, hanging in the front, exactly where it should have been. :)
"America the Beautiful"
by Sharon L. Schlotzhauer

Here are the two of us, as we were working our way through the show. So much to see, so much to talk about, so little time!!!

Talk about so much to see. Take a gander at this one.

My "Light Shines in the Darkness" was hung in the corner by the big blue nude woman, wrapped in a rope. There was another nude, on the side, looking out at my quilt. I heard someone say, "This is truly art!" yep. Another reason I insist that I am NOT an art quilter. If this big blue woman is art, well, I doubt that I will ever be making anything even remotely similar to her. ever.

I was much more relaxed to see "Sentries in the Garden" hanging with other flower quilts. It looked pretty small and insignificant, amidst the big gorgeous blooms, but it caught this man's eye. I told him that I had to take a picture of him taking a picture of my quilt. It made me happy. He might have thought I was a bit nutty, but he did introduce me to his wife/female companion. They took the picture so they could examine the hand quilting when they got home. :)

All in all, it was a day of fun. It was like being a resident in a small town, as I saw friends and familiar faces all around. Charlotte, Elaine, Kathy, Pat, Jan, Lynne L., Betty, Pattie, Sara, Barbara, Deolinda, Kelly, Lynne D....I probably haven't even listed half of them!!

And the quilts! As if I needed incentive to finish my current show quilts in progress! I've been actively working on them, and now I am all the more eager to put my nose to the grindstone and get them finished!

No comments: