Tuesday, February 26, 2008

arg!!!!

Isn't it lovely? My quilt top is finished! I am done! I am taking pictures! I am....ohmygosh!!! I am NOT done! I've done it WRONG!!!

This is my lovely raft full of paddlers, as it looked at about 9:30 this morning. I'd appliquéd and embroidered for a few hours last night as well as this morning. First I did it with the machine, it looked terrible. I picked it out. I hand-embroidered. It looked good for some paddles. Others needed to be picked out and redone, to straighten the handles. Finally, finally, the picking out was finished, and so was the top.

Until I took the picture.

I didn't even notice when I marked the quilt, when I embroidered it or re-embroidered it, when I hung it on the wall, or when I stood back and admired it. It is WRONG.

See the guy in the front? Not only does he have his own paddle, but his buddy's paddle is extending out of his armpit. Now that's some trick paddling, if you ask me!!!

More picking and embroidery and voila!

I think the paddles all go to the right people and the top is finally finished.

If anyone finds any more mistakes, I really don't want to know about them. :)

***Pat, this post is for you. See. I make mistakes ALL THE TIME. I pick them out or fix them, and then try to get over them. It's part of the process. Sometimes they stay in, and I call it a design choice. The rest of the time, I just grit my teeth and start over. again. It's all good. :)

No comments: