Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cat Remodel

You're probably tired of cat news, but this is a hoot. Malcolm got a haircut yesterday, when he went to visit the vet. He's been having stomach issues for over a year, and I was convinced it wasn't hairballs. Just to be sure, when he was knocked out for his barium GI series, we had him shaved, to eliminate hair as a possible cause of his problems. The x-rays showed that he's got massive reflux problems and he's now a member of the "medicated twice a day" society. Getting the medicine into him has so far been unsuccessful.
But back to his haircut. This is called a "lion cut." He thinks he looks terrific, which has me completely surprised. I thought he would be under the bed for the next week. Instead, he struts around like he is king. VERY curious, to say the least. Every time I see him, it's a surprise. He looks like a walking, breathing photo-shop animal, and it's just a wee bit disturbing. But not to him, so I guess that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Me On Earth said...

hehe, he told me last night that he is very handsome in fact. He's never let me pet him before until last night!