Sometimes the mess gets to me. Yesterday was one of those days.
Over the weekend, I'd gone to Target and purchased two small shelving units, thinking that I was going to put them in the garage. But then I sat down at my sewing machine and glanced to the left. ugh. Would the shelves fit in there? By golly, it was like they were made for the space.
I removed everything from that part of the closet, prompting my son to pop his head in and ask, "WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE?!!!" Yeah, I know. It wasn't pretty. But soon, the area was empty.
I left my tripod hanging on the rod, along with hangers. Yes folks, I need those for drip-drying laundry. There is no maid. :)
This is what the shelves looked like, once I assembled them in the space. MUCH better than the rolling wire drawer unit, don't you think? Even when things get piled in front of the shelves, I will be able to get to the shelf contents. With the drawer system, I had to empty the closet to open the drawer, to access the contents. Yes, MUCH better.
And here it is, looking all organized and beautiful.
You notice that I did not say this was a storage solution. It's not. Although I was able to move some new things into once-wasted space (threads, scrap bins, etc.), I really didn't add any new storage. I just made what I had already stashed in there more accessible. Two shelves contain machine embroidery supplies, one is filled with machine-quilting thread. The wire baskets used to hold only machine embroidery stuff.
There. I feel MUCH better. I can even find things easily. At least for now... :)
2017 Pacific International Quilt show
2 days ago