Thursday, February 21, 2008

God is good

"Psalm 46:10 Be Still"
40" x 40"

Today the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival opened in Hampton, Virginia. This little wall quilt is there, and according to the winner's list on the website, it is sporting a "Best Handworkmanship" ribbon. Needless to say, I am THRILLED. All of the hours put into this quilt had been worth it, but to win an award at its first show? For me, and my quilts, that is a first.

God gets all the glory for this one. I hope that the quilt stops people as they hurry by and that they are touched by its message. His word never goes out empty, and how cool, that this time it also caught the eye of the judges. He is so good to me!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Ellis said...

Suzanne,
I am at the show and have taken a picture of your quilt with the ribbon and will send it to you.
My 'Follow Me' quilt, which I made for Sacred Theads, is also in the show. Our faith quilts are hanging near each other. Congratulations!
Lisa Ellis