Monday, February 18, 2008

Is it Spring?


On Saturday afternoon, I peeked once again in the yard. A few days before, I'd noticed the daffodils budding. By golly! They've burst!!

I LOVE daffodils, they are so perky and happy and bright and cheery and YELLOW! They are the perfect tool to turn that frown upside down. :)

But it's not only the daffodils. The narcissus have been going gangbusters since late November - they've decided that they are winter bloomers and there's nothing I can do to change that. I used to think that they were the forerunners of Spring, but I finally realized that really, it's the daffodils.
And then there are the irises. This is the one that began its bud at least 2 weeks ago. It's been cold, so its growth was stunted. But the sun has been shining, and it has been growing. And if you look closely, its neighbor to the back has also begun pushing up a stalk.
And here's the final proof that the weather is changing. This was supposed to be a photo of primroses, but instead, I've got a close-up of snail bites on my geranium. If the snails are getting active, can Spring be far away?

No comments: