Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cute Shoes?

Well, what do you think? Are they cute? Or are they just functional? They are solid black - the rust highlights are courtesy of the camera's flash.

I think the only thing I dislike more than shopping for clothes is shopping for shoes. It's the bane of big feet. Everything looks like it's designed for a clown, and there is very little selection. In this respect, I am NOT my mother's daughter. My mother was California's version of Imelda Marcos, when it came to shoes. When we went through her closet after she passed away, I was astounded. Exactly how many pairs of black heels does a woman need? I think she had more than 2 dozen, she was ready for any occasion. And that didn't count any of the other colors she also had in stock.

But I digress.

I was looking for something flat and comfortable. Other than sandals, the last pair of shoes I bought was a pair of tennies for exercise in November of '06, the pair before that was clogs, back in December '05.

I guess it's all about balance. I skimp in the shoe department and splurge on quilt supplies. My mom had more shoes than anyone I've ever met, but quilt stuff or a stash? zilch, zip, nada. We all have our weaknesses, and I know mine.

Anyway, I was told these shoes are "very European," and they are hip-n-with-it. Mother would be proud. :)

No comments: