Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quilt Labels

I think I mentioned that I was at a meeting last night, with a group of art quilters. Someone asked me about the "unique" way I label my quilts. hmmm. I thought everyone did this? But apparently not.

When you quilt for as long as I have, and you enter as many shows as I do, it can become a challenge to keep track of what quilt went where and when. The easiest way for me to document this is to let the quilt keep its own history.

Here is a picture of the back of "More Glorious Than Solomon."

The first label in the bottom corner tells you about the quilt. The rest of the labels identify the various venues it has visited. This week it travels to PA, and then I think it's about ready to retire.

I also have a basic name/address/phone number label on the bottom righthand corner, which is the absolute minimum for any quilt that you ever submit to a show. Yes, I do label ALL of my quilts in a similar manner.

And I think that's about all I have to say about labels.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Elaine!!!

No comments: