Monday, April 14, 2008

Kokkari Rocks!

Wow. We had a delightfully relaxing four days, traveling to Davis and the San Francisco area to see our kiddies. Each day the food and company were excellent, but the culinary highlight was Saturday's excursion into The City for Greek cuisine. Allison and Jeff introduced us to Kokkari , an amazing restaurant in downtown San Francisco.

Here are Pete, Daniel, Allison, Adam, and Jeff, after dining. Do they look like happy diners or what? :)

For a sample of our entrees, check these out:
Allison had goat stew

I had ravioli with olives, peppers, artichoke hearts and feta,

Pete had the day's special, which was pork, roasting on a spit as we entered the restaurant,

And Adam and Jeff had the lamb shank. Adam is frowning because I wanted to take pictures of his food. He wanted to eat it! :) I didn't get a picture of Daniel's lambchops - I think he dug in before I started with the camera. :)

If you are ever in San Francisco, looking for an excellent dining experience, make reservations for this place. It was pricey, although in SF, I'm sure that "pricey" is relative. I'm operating from a Central Valley frame of reference, but as I told Pete afterwards, it was worth every penny. yum, yum!!! Quite the experience. :)

The following morning, we were joined by our oldest son, in Burlingame. This shot was taken after breakfast, and here is the entire family.

Pete, Allison, Jeff, Andrew, Daniel and Adam.

Daniel et al insist that it's perspective that makes Adam look so big. I assure you, he'd look just as big had he and Pete changed positions.

I think that's about it. We had a marvelous weekend, and now we're back in town. Time to pick up the needle and thread, and get back to work. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have something lovely to show you. Until then, this will have to do...

The orchids are in full bloom, but by the end of the week, they're likely to be history. Enjoy!!

No comments: