Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More Pretties

Well, I haven't anything new in the quilting department to share, but I didn't want y'all to feel like I was ignoring you. The garden is busy, and the iris continue to delight. One thing that surprises me is the number of white varieties I seem to have amassed. I thought I had an abundance of medium blue-violet last year, but they haven't been as productive this year. Or maybe it's not their week. yet.

In 2006, a friend shared some rhizomes. This year they are blooming. I don't know what this is called, but I definitely like it. I used to have these a long time ago, and I missed them. Deep, dark purple. ooh. aah.
And these delicate beauties are apricot. Or are they champagne? Not being an iris connoisseur, I'm not sure of the proper terms. What every they are, they are lovely.

And then there's this. I think it's a mutant. Every once in a while a seed pod will get away from me and I think this is the result. The confused fall blooms up instead of down. At least it's trying.

And that's the haps around here. There are more buds out there, so prepare for more iris pictures (can you stand it?) I'm sure I'll be posting them. But for now? I'm back to beading.

No comments: