Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Lot of Nothing

That's right. no pictures today. Sorry. One of my favorite things about blogs is the pictures. And here I am, skimping. At the moment I can't think of anything to photograph. Instead, all you get is an update.

I've put two days into my Hoffman Challenge, and Lord willing, once the pieces are appliqued, they will fit when I sew them together. I've measured, but for me, that doesn't really mean much. I can measure all day long and still come out wrong in the end. But still, I try.

I plan to do a lot of appliqué this evening and tomorrow morning, so perhaps I can try the piecing on Friday.

In other news, I have two quilts-for-hire that are basted, waiting for attention, reminding me that I ought to work now, play later. Where are my priorities?

For those of you interested, Empty Spools has posted their 2009 class offerings. ooh aah. Which class should I take? I know which one I have my eye on, but I'm not telling. I don't want it to fill up before I make my own reservation. I know, I know, pretty selfish of me, I admit it. You're welcome to look at the list and guess...

I shipped my Sierra Snow Melt quilt to Houston today. Talk about sticker shock! The last time I shipped a quilt was April. This one weighed nothing compared to the other, and didn't travel as far, but was still $2 more. I cringed. The FedEx/Kinko's guy assured me it's fuel costs. sigh. Still, it's cheaper than driving it there myself...

I guess that's about it.

I've had recent multiple reports of serious health issues for people I know and love. Rather than go into details, I'll just leave you with a thought for the day:

"The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:5-7

No comments: