Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This 'n That

Bad Quilter.

I should be working on a quilt-for-hire, instead I find myself distracted. Nothing important, just this 'n that. I thought I'd share my rambling with you, here's what I've been up to...

A few days ago I put this new birdbath in the "secret garden" near the front door. It looks bright and cheery. Now that it's been up for a couple of days, it's been discovered. Unfortunately birds haven't found it, bugs have. A number of them went swimming and drowned. sigh. I didn't realize I'd have to clean buggy bath water...

It's warming up and the gerberas are blooming...

So are the gazanias... And it's so warm today (85) I thought it would be a good idea to wash the winter quilt that I just took off our bed.

"Some of the Geese Are Gone"
Suzanne Kistler, 1996

This is a close-up of the hand-quilting. The pattern is called "True Lover's Knot," and it's made of entwining feathers.

As I was washing the quilt in the bathtub, Pete's reading material caught my eye. I thought you might get a kick out of the title of the blue handbook. Not everyone has such interesting taste.


And since I showed you his reading, I thought I'd show you what I've been reading lately. Fair is fair.


The last thing I'll share is this mug that I found at Border's. My dad's given name is Henry, and I thought this was perfect for Father's Day. (He doesn't have a computer, no worries that I'm going to spoil the secret.)

I love the back. Isn't it great?

(The orchid was purchased at the local Visalia Arts gallery, at their yearly fundraiser.)

And that's what I've been up to, rather than the quilting that is supposedly #1 on my list of things to do today. Ah well, it's only 4:15. I still have time to get with the program, right? right!

No comments: