Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ready for Basting!

Ta da!! I've got my Hoffman Challenge top finished and ready to quilt. groan. I forgot to crop the pictures. Sorry about that. Don't be distracted by the false starts pinned to the right of the top. Pretend they are not there.


I know, you're looking at this wondering "what's so special? It looks just like a Dresden Plate." yeah. Funny, that. It didn't look like a Dresden Plate in my wee little brain when I envisioned it and drew the pattern. It is supposed to be a Rose Window. It needs something else...

How about this?

I pinned a few hexagons around the "window" and decided that they will do nicely.


Here is the finished top. I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt it, although I know I'm going to quilt it by hand. Perhaps some sort of feathery design in the black? After all, the focus fabric is peacocks...

I've got about a month in which to do the quilting, because I'd like to also wash it and block it before sending it to Colorado. tick, tick, tick...is that clock starting to tick faster? Or is it just me?

No comments: