Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dessert First

Sometimes there are things that really need to be done. They're on the "to do" list everyday, the meat and potatoes of quilt life. These are the quilts with deadlines and the guilt quilts (promised but not yet delivered) and the quilts we want to be making but haven't started and the quilts-for-hire. They're all the quilts that I should be working on, but just "don't feel like it."

Sometimes I want to do something light and frivolous, like eating dessert first.

And so I did. Rather than work on one of my commitment quilts, I pulled this 8" block from one of my UFO boxes. It's interesting enough, it could be a quilt in its own right. And so I quilted it.

I even got so far as to bind it yesterday. Amazing! (It's not quite so wobbly as the camera lens leads you to believe. I STILL haven't got the hang of this digital monster.)

This is the back:


Don't you love the goldfish? I've got another 2 or 3 yards of that fabric in my stash.

Here is a close up of a couple of the corners. These bias squares are 2".



The center star is made from 1-1/2" squares, it finished at 4"...


And just for a little more viewing entertainment, here is Charlie, trying to eat Adam's shoe. The shoe is size 13. I think the shoe is winning...


And now I'm off to clean the house and begin tackling one of the for-hire quilts. See, I told you, the "to do" list is still there, it didn't go anywhere!!

No comments: