Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sign Me Up!!!


I did it. I sent in my registration for Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar next March. I never did get there this year. I'd wanted to go, I meant to go, but it never meshed with my schedule. I think it was the early Easter. But in 2009? I will be there. I just received my confirmation: Session III, with Cynthia Corbin. What could be better?

When you look at Cynthia's website, you might wonder that I'm taking a class from her. Her style is not my style, and my style is not her style. But she teaches us to develop our OWN style, which is something that I've been encouraged to do. "Suzanne, you do so many different things. You need to develop a STYLE!" (A quilt appraiser told me that. Too much of this or that, not enough to tie it all together....)

But I digress...

I also called and got myself on the list for a bus trip on Saturday to the Long Beach QuiltFestival. I've never been to an IQA event before, so I'm looking forward to this one. Oh, and I'll get to visit "Sierra Snow Melt" and see how it hangs. I hope it holds its own with the rest of the West Coast Wonders exhibit...

My only (current) hesitation about the bus trip is the growing pile of quilts-for-hire that need attention. My goal for this week is to finish the large SB Sue quilt before hopping on the bus. With all that needs to be done around here, and a crown from the dentist scheduled for tomorrow, I'm not sure that goal will be met. But goals are good!! Let's have at it!

No comments: