Friday, August 8, 2008

Birthday Greetings

I've spent a few minutes in the "studio" this week, doing other things besides working on quilts for hire. Here are a couple of them:

Today is our daughter's fiance's birthday. I wonder if it will be particularly "lucky" for him, seeing as it's 08/08/08. I know this was chosen by China as the Opening Day for the Olympics, primarily because of the"luck" associated with all of those eights...

Personally, I wish him abundant blessings. Blessings top luck every day in my book. :)


Sue's birthday was a few days ago. She's already received her card, so it's alright to post it today. If the fabrics look familiar, it's because they are leftovers from my Hoffman Challenge.

Speaking of which, I hear the winner's list came out last night. Congratulations, Sharon L. Schlotzhauer of Colorado Springs, CO!!! Her beautiful entry was awarded Best Machine Quilting in the Pieced/Appliqué division. Well done, my friend!!!!

The rest of us continue to wait for the traveling collection to be posted. It should be up in a week or so. Tick, tick, tick...

No comments: