Thursday, November 13, 2008

Basting Day

Not much happening around here quilt-wise, but I have been basting. On Tuesday I set up my tables and basted three baby quilts. On Wednesday, I basted a quilt-for-hire and my last baby quilt.


This is my finished pile. Don't they look nice and neat? They'll look even better, once they are quilted.


I don't know that I'll get any quilting done in the next day or two. Instead, I'm going to the Valley Oak Quilt Guild meeting this morning, to see a program given by Sue Rasmussen. (The link doesn't actually go to her website - I don't know what happened to it. But it will show you a few of her quilts.)

Tomorrow she will be teaching a class, and I'm hoping to be part of that as well. You know that if I'm at a meeting and taking a class, not a lot of actual quilting will be getting done. But I AM thinking about it. I'm definitely thinking about it.

Last night, it occurred to me that if Christmas is 41 days from now (yikes! Did I just type that?) then the deadline for Paducah is right behind it. I have one quilt that I've planned all year to enter. But if I don't get it quilted, it's not going anywhere. It's only 45 x 45, but it's hand-quilted. I had better get my act together ASAP. So much to do, so little time!!!

No comments: