Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally Quilting

Sigh. Blogger is at it again, turning my pictures sideways. sigh. I need to stop whining about it, stop complaining, and just deal with it. But if I don't mention it, you'll think I don't know how to take a photograph. I'll admit it. I was MUCH better with a film camera, but it doesn't give the instant gratification (or instant frustration) that you get with digital. sigh.

I spent yesterday afternoon doing some for-hire quilting. Yes folks, I do it on my Bernina. I do not have a long-arm. I guess it limits me, when it comes to long strings of quilting, but I think this turned out well.

The quilt was made from a pattern in Valori Wells' Simple Start Stunning Finish. The quilting also came from the book. The owner wanted me to mimic the quilting in the book, and so I did.

This particular sideways photo gives you a better idea of the color...


This photo shows the quilting...(sorry, tip your laptop or your monitor to see it...) You can also click on the picture to see it larger...I used four colors of thread in the quilting...


I thought I ought to pull out the Log Cabin blocks that I made at retreat, to show you that yes, I really did make them. Here they are, all eight of them...

Hey! What's that? Did you see it? I didn't see it when I sewed it, I didn't see it when I pressed it, I didn't see it when I stored it, I didn't see it when I laid it out, I didn't see it when I snapped the photo....I saw it when I picked it up to put it back in the box.

Pat, this photo is for you. I don't do anything mistake-free, I just usually catch the mistakes and fix them early on...

2 comments:

pb said...

I thought you were joking at first. But when I saw it I had to laught out loud because I am still convinced that you do not make mistakes.

Lisa Ellis said...

It took me awhile to find the mistake. It's pretty subtle when looking at a single block. Now I don't need to do the daily sudoko this morning. :-)