Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oops! I Did It Again!

Yesterday was a busy day, and my tentative plan to work on a quilt-for-hire fell through. I had less than 2 hours, give or take, to putter in the quilt cave. Some of the time was spent reorganizing, but the majority was spent quilting this baby quilt. (This is one that I pieced at retreat, back on 11/1.)


It's now quilted and ready for binding. As I was quilting it - I was almost done, for heaven's sake! - I saw my boo-boo. Good grief! Do you see it? Look carefully...


Here, does this help?

With all of the Double 4 patch quilts that I've made, I don't remember doing this before. If I have, I've caught it right away, dismantled the block and reassembled it. But not this time. sigh. This time, it's going to be identified as "a design choice" (albeit an unconscious design choice), and will be left in place, to give the quilt "character."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

See Pat? I TOLD you I don't do perfect!!!

No comments: