Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Early Morning, This n That...

Okay, so it's not really THAT early in the morning, but I have been up for hours. I just noticed that the sun is thinking about joining me. Since I'm not one to usually look outside before 7am, it was a surprise to see this bright pink popping over the fence at me.


It didn't show up well, but it's proof (to me) that I was up before Mr. Sun today...

As we move closer to the end of the year, the boys are returning to their respective habitats. Andrew left on Sunday, but I remembered to snap this photo before he hopped in his car. See? The tree isn't really THAT big...

This is the posed picture,


This is the usual...


Boys will be boys, and they can't keep their hands off one another. Adam and Daniel live together...I wonder if they're like this in Davis, or if it's mostly for my benefit? I think it's the former...

Now that Christmas has come and gone, it's time to see if I can reclaim my sewing area. Yeah, I know. Y'all say that you make messes. That's nothing. This is an area in which I truly excel. Here is the view looking OUT of the room. See all the boxes piled high in the closet? I guess I can get rid of those now. I think (I hope) I mailed everything I was supposed to mail. But the laundry in the doorway is proof that I have been doing laundry. yay for that! :)


And here's the interior of the room. sigh. I set to work, prewashing some of my new clearance purchases, while I tried to make sense of this.


When I glanced out the window, I thought I was seeing things...


No, it was real. These young men were being filmed for the movie portion of the local high school production of Singing in the Rain. The parents of their drama coach just happen to live across the street from us. It wasn't long before another vehicle deposited several young ladies, all dressed in powdered wigs and long dresses. I have to say that I definitely had my entertainment as I worked on cleaning out my sewing mess.

I eventually abandoned the cleaning, in favor of something more rewarding. I quilted a baby quilt. yay. This morning I'll add the binding, then I'll go back to cleaning mode. That leaves me with only two quilts pin-basted and waiting for machine quilting. That is a GOOD thing.

Finally, tomorrow I will post my January goals, both the broad and the narrow. I think I will be setting three quilt goals for the first month. First will be my serious goal, second will be my usual goal, and third will be my fun, challenging, first step goal. I suspect the first two goals will be the easiest to accomplish, but as I always say, "Goals are good." You have to set them to be able to achieve them!

No comments: