Monday, December 15, 2008

Puttering and Making Snow

Well, it hasn't been a weekend for much Bernina activity, that's for sure! The only thing that has happened in the sewing room is dumping - gifts have been purchased and unceremoniously dumped there, awaiting wrapping. They're more patient than I am, I look in the door and shudder. There is much to be done.

And much includes same old, same old, but these days that's changed a bit.

I've got these helpers, who seem to want to be in the middle of everything. Take changing the sheets. Edgar was quite put out, since he'd already declared it naptime by the time I was ready to get to it. He refused to budge. I think he's been studying Malcolm, because I'm pretty sure that's a dirty look he's giving me. I don't think I've ever seen one from Edgar before...


Here he is again. "Fine. You said change the sheets, it's changed. It's NAPTIME. Leave me alone!" Edgar, Edgar, I'm not done yet!!!


When I went shopping on Friday, I found this cute area rug. My usual inclination is to acknowledge how cute they are and walk right by. But this time, I thought I should do my part to help retailers survive the Christmas season.

Yeah right.

But it sounds good, doesn't it? ;) That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. ;)


These two were up to something. I could hear it rolling back and forth and back and forth. I finally had to investigate. They'd started an impromptu game of hockey, and were batting a metal pin back and forth. It was a hoot.


Finally, here's Charlie, doing his best to get into the Christmas spirit. He's making snow. He found a piece of tissue paper, and proceeded to shred it into pieces smaller than the one he has his eye on. It was quite effective. :) (I'm just glad he hasn't discovered the toilet paper roll. I don't think I'd be as amused...)


And there you go folks, as I said, not much to report from the weekend. The tree is DONE, and perhaps I'll get another picture or two. In the meantime, there is plenty more to do, and I'm not sure I'll get into my workshop until Thursday. I'm going to HAVE to get better at budgeting my time!!!

No comments: