Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Still Listmaking


I found the other picture I took. It's this black feathered star. I'm happy with a mere 4 blocks, but Pat insists I MUST make more. I've added more fabric to the bin, as possibilities, but the urge to make more hasn't hit yet. I'm waiting.

I thought that the next group would be best listed without pictures, since they're just in the pattern or drawing stages, not in the fabric selection stage. We've got Beautiful America, a quilt I was supposed to test- sew for a friend MONTHS ago, there's the flying penguins quilt, Splashing in the River of Joy (that I've been talking about since 2000), Andrew's graduation quilt (he graduated in March 2007), the yellow flowers quilt...oh, and there are the three panels that I bought on a whim, so there are "quilts" that need to be made from them: Cow Christmas, Alphabet Animals, Nutcracker - which reminds me that I also have a Noah panel that one of the boys gave me years ago.

And then there's the purple/green Grandmother's Flower Garden that I showed months ago, and the "tropical" UFO that currently hangs on my design wall.

So far I've got 31 on the list, which is actually a lot fewer than I'd expected. This year's list had 38 on it, and I've only crossed two things off. I'm going to have to double check to see what exactly I'm missing...

(The previous 3-4 years have each had 50+ quilts on the list. Never has the list been complete.)

And so, now that I've taken my little break, it's time to go back to tackling that quilt-for-hire. Yes, I AM being a good girl. I'm working on it steadily, little bits at a time. And it's time to get back at it...

2 comments:

Lady Beekeeper said...

Those feathered stars are GORGEOUS!!! Really, the colors are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Suzie! These are wonderful! I vote YES with Penny - do finish these! Jan