Monday, December 1, 2008

Welcome December!!!

Is this just the saddest sight ever? Son #3 and Son #1 are leaving us. Son #2 left on Saturday, Daughter wasn't here. sigh. Empty nest returns.

But we do have reminders that they've been here. Adam asked, "Mom....Can you please wash my Hawaiian shirts?" "Sure, Adam." I mean really, how many shirts can he be talking about?

hmmm...I guess I know why he wanted them to be tackled by The Master.


One of my house rules is that I MUST do my ironing before moving on to anything fun in the sewing room. I have a lot that needs to be done in there, so I'd better get that iron plugged in ASAP...

And, of course, there's the tree. We brought it home yesterday, and it looks beautiful there, just waiting for me to string lights and begin decorating. Yes, it's a real tree. I love everything about it, and will only switch to artificial when I have no say in the matter.


I didn't get anything done in Santa's Workshop yesterday, but I did finish another project on Saturday night. Here it is...have you figured out what it is yet?


Here's a better clue. (Again, I'm pretty sure the recipient does not read this blog.)


And speaking of reading this blog, only 5 of you have commented on the 12 step program. Tomorrow, I will be sending one of these cards to one of the commentators. Will it be you? Well, probably not, if you haven't left a comment...

And that's it for now. I've much to do, and the day's a'wasting...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids left to go back to school yesterday, too. Sad but knowing they'll be back for Christmas is comforting.

What a gorgeous tree!

Kristin said...

Your tree is beautiful! I will have to wait until I hit NH to have the real thing. With luck it will be up and ready to go by the time I get there.

Lisa Ellis said...

Your tree is up already! Good for you. I drafted our Christmas letter yesterday so I am getting in the spirit of things. I also worked on organizing my studio a bit since our annual caroling party takes place in it - the former living room with the piano. By the way, Sacred Threads on-line registration is open. I hope to see your name!