Monday, December 22, 2008

Wrapping Up Christmas UFOs

'Tis the season, ho ho ho!

Last night, I passed out the bulk of the mini-stockings. Today, more will find their way to our C/C kids who were out of town and missed the party. And as I make my list and check it twice, I find that there are still more folks that need some sort of remembrance. Do I or don't I have time to put any more mini-stockings together? That is a question that will remain unanswered for a day or two. Good intentions and all that.

But hey, look at this! My bin of Christmas fabrics has been depleted to the point where the lid now fits. Remarkable!


Then again, maybe it has something to do with finding this stack of blocks hiding in the middle of the fabric...


I couldn't resist piecing a few more, and will you look at that. I did it again! sigh...


And before I get too excited about the decrease in fabric volume in the bulk Christmas bin, I'd better take a gander at my sewing table. yep. The scrap bin continues to be filled to over-flowing. Awww, isn't that cute? The basket was filled with stockings, each holding a candy cane...


I just couldn't resist. I was house-bound on Thursday, waiting for AT&T, and I started taking pieces out of the scrap box and sewing them together...


The woman is incredible. She finishes up one UFO and creates two more. What are we to do with her!! Maybe we should treat her like the miller's daughter: lock her in that room and insist that she turn all UFO's into finished products before allowing her to escape. Rumplestiltskin! I'm in need of your services!!!

As to the 12-step program, how about this: At the beginning of the month, we will identify which abandoned project we intend to make progress on. We will also identify what step we are going to take on that project. If we speak it into existence, we're going to have to make a serious effort to take that step and actually accomplish it.

I've narrowed my January step down to one or two possible projects. Stay tuned, because there will be an unveiling of my personal first step by January 1. I want the full 31 days to make some progress. Goals are good, keep on setting them!!!

No comments: