Friday, January 23, 2009

A Rainy Day...

Blogger was down for a while yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't fix the picture-flipping issue that I seem to periodically be plagued with. groan. Once again they have flipped my sewing picture, doggone it! Just tilt your laptop (if you have one) to see it properly...

It started raining yesterday, nice, blessedly wet rain. They keep saying it's "not much," but any more than none is absolutely welcome! It was still raining today, and when I went outside, I found that my perky narcissus are now looking quite bedraggled. So sad!


I plucked a few and brought them indoors, to try out this unique vase from my daughter. It has a special name, which escapes me at the moment, but I do like the way it works. It brings some cheer into the kitchen, don't you think?


Today I forced myself to clean the bathroom before going into the sewing room. The bathroom is a lot bigger and a lot messier than I'd realized. I'm still not quite finished with it, but the toilet, the tub, the shower and one of the sinks are now clean, as are the mirrors and floors. I have one sink left, but I needed a sewing break, desperately.

I started sewing some neutrals together, trying to get inspired for a gift that needs to be made in the next week or so. I got as far as assembling 4 patchwork 4.5" blocks into a single 8.5" block, but it just wasn't doing it.

I scanned my design wall, looking for inspiration. Aha! Here we go! A few years back I was given this tiny photo transfer of a rose, along with the quote from Georgia O'Keefe. I pushed aside the neutrals, and pulled out my deep pinks and reds. This is more like it...


If only blogger agreed. It really does look pretty nice, if you look at it right side up...

right. It wasn't my step for January. Thanks for reminding me... ;)

No comments: