Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This n That

On my way home from Lindsay, I stopped at a little antique shop. I have a thing for chairs. (And glass. And crystal. And porcelain.)

Anyway, I saw this cute little rocking chair for $20 and had to bring it home with me. It has a flaw - some of the bird's eye maple veneer is peeling at the top - but I can overlook it. The shape of the chair called out to me, and the rest is history.

We had a surprise visitor over the weekend. He left yesterday, after stretching his 3-day weekend to four. (He doesn't have class on Tuesday.) Here's Adam...and Charlie...

I finished my freezer paper pattern, so I can officially declare my February step to be complete. I've only drawn 1/4 of the window. I plan to reuse each piece 4 times. I hope it holds up!!!

I thought you might find it interesting to get some perspective on just how big this pattern is. See how it dwarfs my machine? yeah. It's a big ole thing...



Finally, the 2009 Hoffman Challenge fabric arrived yesterday. I bought 2 yards. All I can say is bleah. It doesn't improve in person. I guess it has some metallic on it, but I can't decide if it's gold or silver or both. For some reason it looks maroon in the photo, but it's more a chocolate brown. To me, it's a groaner. Let's see if I can get any sort of inspiration in the next couple of months. So far it's not looking good...

And that's it for now. Hopefully I will have more to report in the morning...

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

Hi Suzanne,

I have to agree with you evaluation of the Hoffman Challenge--a groaner. What were they thinking? I believe the "metallic" on it is called pearl.

Keep meaning to say that your Adam looks like he has quite the sense of humor. You must enjoy his visits home.

Kay