Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thedaysarerunningtogether

Today I told one of my committee members that "2 weeks from now, we'll be taking in quilts." umm. Suzanne, you are so confused! Two weeks from MONDAY we take in quilts. Monday was two days ago!! It's all turning into a giant blur. Ready or not, here it comes.

For the past three days I've been sitting at the computer doing all kinds of wonderful things. We've got badges for our participants, we've got badges for all kinds of people. But I ran out of white card stock, so I'm short badges for the judges and the appraiser. Can you believe that Michael's is also out of white cardstock?

This morning I put the finishing touches on a sign board that I took to the International Agri-center. This is where the show was held for the past 8 years. They were more than happy to accommodate our sign board, until a piece ran in the paper last week.


sigh.

I'd totally missed the part of the article that infuriated them...I was too busy trying to figure out how we're going to accommodate the "6,000 attendees" mentioned in the article. 6000? Was it really 6000? And here I am, stressing about whether to print 750 or 1000 programs...We're hoping that our show-goers will recycle them if they don't want to keep a copy.

The programs are actually a pale pink, but the lighting is not so good in my cave. And the printing won't be blurry - I'd just washed my hands, and I guess they weren't completely dry when I grabbed the program for the photo.

I've been running around town, getting price quotes. wow. They vary a LOT. So far the best quote is from ColorSpot, coming in at half what Kinkos would charge. They're $200 less than Office Depot, which was the previous low bid. Staples was in between the two. Wow. I guess not having to pay the overhead for a mega-store works to the customer's benefit! I have one more bid coming in tomorrow morning. I'll be here. One of the Hoffman Challenge collections is scheduled to arrive. I don't want to miss it.

So yeah, it's all quilt show, all the time.

I failed miserably at my March Step. I think I looked at it once. That's as far as I got.

I needed a sanity break over the weekend, so I turned to a few hours of mindless sewing. I now have another 4-patch quilt top in the pile, ready and waiting for the next little girl to welcome to the world.

Word is spreading and reality is sinking in. The first quilt for the show arrived on Saturday, and it's going to pick up speed from here on out. If you don't see any posting during these first three weeks of April, I apologize. It's all I can do to keep my head above water.

And my April Step? I should probably identify an April Step. But not today. I can't even think about it right now. Obviously my choice for March was a poor one. Nothing could get me to sew it up and get it off the wall.

oh well.

Does that mean I fell off the wagon? ;)

I'll try to do better this month. Maybe I'll quilt something small. I'll try to post tomorrow. I should be home ALL day, so there should be a moment to spare. yep. Goals are good.

1 comment:

pb said...

Okay I don't know if it counts that I finished the two Christmas gifts which were part of my jan, feb march steps but not the lone star monster.

So april is get the wacky flowers basted down (whatever that means) finish the geisha quilt and the lone star. How is that for goals.