Thursday, April 2, 2009

Under Control

When I tell you that everything is organized, my paperwork is almost done, and everything is under control, do you believe me?

If I show you my computer desk, and you see the pink BOTV stuff and my notes stuck here and there, hither and yon, you don't question my administrative abilities, do you?

What if I show you my "office"? Do you still believe me?

I've been typing and sorting and emailing and filing since about 8:30 this morning. The clutter on both desks is half what it was. I've even squeezed in a telephone interview. My goal - goals are good - is to have the room cleaned and organized enough to vacuum by dinnertime. If I meet that goal, I'll definitely make a photographic record of the event.

I know I promised a listing of my April Step, but the only thing I've done today in the sewing room is iron the shirts and hang some laundry. I was taking a break from the computer. Maybe tomorrow. My April Step might just be getting through April.

But for now, I'll continue to work my way through my lists and stacks of stuff, trying to make sure that nothing slips through the cracks. And I sit here with one ear cocked...according to the UPS website, the Hoffman Challenge trunk of wearables, has been "on truck for delivery" since 8am. I guess that 81 pounds of quiltiness is going to be the last thing delivered this evening. But I'll be here. That's what this Thursday is for.

No comments: