Monday, June 8, 2009

A Bit of This, A Snippet of That

What should I begin with? Maybe this. I took this picture yesterday, it's something I see every 24 hours. Its caption should read, "Give us this day our daily lizard." Yes, that's Edgar. He's a lizard fanatic. I think he prefers lizards to mice or birds because if you play with a lizard just right, you get TWO toys in one.

Whenever I see him, I rescue the lizard, but often times I'm too late. He's never caught the same one twice, they always have a tail...

Yesterday I took a quick trip up the mountain to Hume Lake. On the way up, I saw some gorgeous giant redwoods, and told myself I'd snap a picture on the way down. They weren't as evident on the return trip, and I had to be satisfied with pulling off at a viewpoint.

Here's the view to the valley...(not much of a view, is it?)

Here's the road and the view up the mountain. (I think I was at 5,000 feet. I went as high as 6,000 feet.)

Back at home, I continue to sort and organize. This is the hallway...

Here's the current view of the sewing room. Today I'm thinking of taking down the blinds, refinishing the windowsill, washing the walls and spackling. Goals are good, doncha know...(Did you notice that I took down the sewing machine? I had to remove temptation. It's parked in the closet.)

Here's the view out the door. See all that carpet? The room actually looks...roomy. ;)

In contrast, here is the sewing annex...

Those sheet-covered items on the bed are quilts. Lots of quilts.

Here's more...

I like the photographs. They make the contents of the Sewing Annex look managed and manageable. Unfortunately there are also things under the bed, and the last few loads I've put in here are randomly packed into shoeboxes.

Oh well. I have my paint, spackle, TSP, and blue tape and I'm ready to rumble. Or paint. Or something. Stay tuned...

No comments: