Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grey Day

It's looking kind of gloomy out there. The weatherman says that rain is a possibility. I hope so. I enjoy rain, it is always welcome.

Despite the grey overcast, my Rose of Sharon trees think it's summertime. Here's the one in front. I cut off numerous branches yesterday, because they were blocking access to the front door.

This one is in the backyard. It's about 3 years old, and finally seems to be thriving. I wondered if it was going to make it, as it's not as eager to thrive as its cousin out front...

The blooms remind me of Hawaii and Tahiti. I can focus in on them and ignore the bleak landscape in which the plant grows...


As I've been clearing out the sewing room (no, I haven't finished yet), I continue to find treasures. This geode was under one of my sewing machines. It needs to find a place where it can be displayed to advantage. Maybe in the living room? On the hearth?


Finally, I promised a close-up of the quilted cards I received for my birthday. Aren't they lovely?

This hand-painted beauty was made by Sharon Schlotzhauer...


This appliqued and highly embellished lovely was made by Wendy Van Beek.


They've both raised the bar, and I think I need to ratchet my cards up a notch. These are so delightful, I absolutely love them.

And on that, my break is over. I'd better get back in that room and move more things out. Today I want to shop for paint, and once I've got it, I'd like to use it. Stay tuned, I'm continuing to make progress...

No comments: