Monday, June 15, 2009

Is This Normal?

I had good intentions today. My plan was to do more painting. I got as far as taping the walls. I didn't put any paint on them. Maybe tomorrow.

When I went out the garage, I saw this.

I've been told it's fox scat. (black, with berry seeds) I do know that our neighborhood has foxes. One neighbor thinks they are a threat to anything that moves. The others think the foxes are fascinating. The foxes have been here as long as we've been here (15 years) and we haven't had any problems.

The funniest thing is that I hadn't seen scat at our house for months. Last night we heard strange rustlings outside our bedroom window. My husband asked what it was, I laughed and said, "Maybe it's foxes." voila! This morning we have a deposit on the driveway. Lovely.

Later, I went out the bathroom door, and saw this.

You would think that we live in a wilderness area, what with the foxes and black widows! This is our fourth black widow in less than 3 weeks. Good thing the bugman is coming tomorrow. I'll ask him to be extra clever where he sprays.

One task that I did accomplish was to ship a package to my boy. I had to use a dolly to get it into the post office. When the clerk asked what it was...I told him "scrap metal." He laughed. "That's what happens when you raise engineers. They ask you to ship them scrap metal." Again, he laughed.

The most amazing thing is that it only cost $10.35 to ship this. I LOVE flat rate boxes. Had I used a regular box, it would have been more than $20...

I guess the best thing I've accomplished so far this week is to deplete one more little pile of stuff that had no storage place.

As to the sewing room, I still have 2 walls and a ceiling that need fresh paint. If the carpenter adheres to his last week's prediction, the cabinets will be ready this week. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict my future: tomorrow I see paint. Lots of paint. Stay tuned.

No comments: