Monday, June 22, 2009

On The Receiving End

I don't know about you, but I've been seeing a lot of cute aprons around Blogland. ooh aah, I love it! I rarely remember to wear an apron, and I've been in the midst of my Big Project, so I haven't thought all that much about them. But I do notice, every time I see another one.

Imagine my surprise last night, when one of our college/career girls brought me a bag. "I know it's Father's Day, but this is for you!" What could it be? She kept saying, "It's full of mistakes, don't look at it too closely." Well, that was enough for me to dive in and see what it was.

Look at me! Am I styling or what? Wow. I'm not so hot at self-photography...

Good thing Adam taught me how to do a 10 second delay...I don't know why the camera didn't focus, but I thought my composition was pretty effective...

And now that I've got my coffee, I'm ready to start my day.

Oh, and good news on the sewing room. No, it's not about the cabinets. Three strong young men moved the hutch for me last night, so I will be able to FINISH my painting in there this week. yay!!

P.S. It was drawn to my attention that I never did post a "finished" picture of my refaced cabinetry that was last summer's project. What do you think? Acceptable?

1 comment:

Nina Marie said...

Wow! I didn't know we actually could wear all those aprons people are making - I just thought they were for art's sake (very big grin)!