Monday, June 29, 2009

So Much For Making Plans...

It's been a while since I posted. Sorry about that. I've been busy. yeah, you hear that a lot, right? The Uncle Sam quilt is basted, so that's one good thing. The carpenter came by with color swatches (stained wood) on Friday, and says he may be staining early this week. That's another good thing.

I have a whole day left in June, to finish Uncle Sam (ha!) and to meet my June Step goal (double ha!) but the Superior Court has other plans for me. "Report for jury duty at 9am." The best I can hope for is another episode of hanging out in the jury room quilting. I wouldn't mind jury duty so much, if I would actually make it into a courtroom or be seated on a jury. But I haven't sat on a jury since...1983. That was a L O N G time ago!!

On a lighter note, my husband took our College/Career group white water rafting on Saturday while I took pictures. It was our 28th wedding anniversary. Some people think that was an odd way to spend the day. It was fine by me. I had a barbecue waiting for them when they finished. If you can't spend the day with family, the next best thing is to spend it with those who are such good friends they seem like family.

Here's our group. Back row on the left is Adam, back row with the white (is it white?) helmet is Pete. I have no idea who that is in the bottom right front.

The group was split among three rafts. Pete's raft had the misfortune to get stuck repeatedly. The guide didn't want help unsticking them, so eventually they gave up and let her do it herself.

Oh look. There they are, stuck again. ;)

That's Adam, in the front of this raft. They also got stuck - for a brief moment - but were quickly on their way.

And here they are, off and rowing. It was more of an expedition than a white water trip, but the group said they had a fantastic time.

As for me, I'm thinking that I need to go back and work on my river quilt. I can hear it calling.

Instead, I'll perform my civic duty and hopefully be able to do it quickly. I'll let you know

No comments: