Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blessed Silence

They finished early today, and it is, indeed, a blessing. It's a bit unnerving to say that I am getting used to the noise, but I am. Or perhaps it's just that attaching composite is quieter than nailing plywood. Either way, I don't mind so much on day 3.

I've actually been quilting. I quilted the baby quilt that I basted last week. This has been a good time to finish "quick" projects. The key factor in making them "quick" is that I don't have to look for any components. Everything I need is easily accessible. No word from the carpenter on when my storage will be ready to install. sigh.

This is what was on tap this morning. Lots of felt and composite...all the remaining ingredients to make a roof.

They didn't waste any time, by 8:30am, they had already unloaded quite a bit of the material.

By the time I got home from the post office (9:30am), their handiwork was evident.

By the time they left (2:30pm) everything had been unloaded on the roof. Here's the front:


And here's the side back:


I climbed on the pool slide to get the angle. ;)

Tomorrow is guild, and I plan to tack down the baby quilt binding at that time. Hopefully I'll have a quilt picture for you by the end of the day. Stay tuned...

No comments: