Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting Closer...

All I want to do is sew. But, I still don't have everything at my fingertips to make that dream possible. I'm working on it.

Yesterday I focused on moving fabric. Do you think I have enough green? ;) I've got one shelf for black/grey, one for purple, one for all batiks (except green)...I may have to cut back on shopping for green. "Go green" must have been a subliminal message that I was totally enthralled by... :)

For now the table is covered with odds and ends of fabric. Behind the machine is a stack of tropical prints. I'm trying to dig my way to the large bin full of tropical prints that I know is in the Annex somewhere. The stack next to the machine is actually small art quilts and postcards made by quiltie friends.

I hope to fill the top drawer with all of the things I need for sewing and quilting. I have to find them first. The bottom shelf holds my boxes of scraps, sorted by color. I use these for the little cards that I like to make.

I laugh when I look at this cabinet. I know that I will probably change the ruler shelf, but for now it's fun to see them all there and easily accessible. The top shelf is all buttons and beads, but not all of my buttons and beads are in there. Some are still to be found.

When I get a bit giddy about my progress, all I have to do is look in the Sewing Annex. oops. I have far to go when it comes to moving back into the studio.

This morning I took 3 of the 4 cats to the vet for their vaccinations. Here they are, all ready to go. Malcolm started howling, and got Edgar and Charlie into a panic. Silly Malcolm, it wasn't so bad.

When we got home, Malcolm decided that it was naptime. The piano bench is one of the coolest places to catch some shuteye. He barely fits. (Oh, the good news is that he's lost 3 pounds since being on his meds. Dr. Lori said that without the records, she would never guess that he's 9 years old. ohmygoodness, I didn't even realize he was 9. I thought he was 7 or 8...)

Finally, lest you think that I've forgotten the beautiful cabinet that Mel built, I haven't. I decided to put it in the entry way, and I really like the way it looks. This is what you see when you walk in the door.

And this is what you see when you leave. I've got another stack of quilts on the bed in the Annex, I just haven't been able to reach them. Once I do, this will look even more colorful.

And now, it's time for me to go back to the Studio and continue trying to make it my own. Pete has asked if I'm going to put a chair in there, for him to sit in. When I assure him that I will, he grins. I think he will really enjoy visiting in there, when it is neat and organized. He loves organization more than anything, and we don't have a lot of that around here right now. After almost 16 years in this house, it's about time!!!

No comments: