Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I drove out to Lemoore this afternoon, ostensibly to check out the Little Quilt Silent Auction put on by Common Threads Quilt Guild. I bid on 2 quilts, but doubt that I "won" either one. I did my part to bump up the prices.

To get there, I drove past dairy

after dairy
after dairy
after dairy
after dairy
after dairy
I got tired of moving the camera back and forth, blindly snapping pictures as I drove. I just thought it might be interesting to those of you who have never seen a large dairy. You've probably noticed that most of them have corn growing nearby. This is not sweet corn, it is silage corn, grown specifically to chop for the cows. I think you can see some silage piles in some of the pictures. (click to make them bigger) They are white sheeted "blobs" with the plastic held in place by old tires. Not very scenic, but the cows think it's tasty.

And speaking of tasty, I think this is the real reason I drove all the way to Lemoore:

Watermelon/cherry shave ice. Perfect for a hot summer day. Happy Independence Day, my friends!!!

No comments: