Friday, July 3, 2009

The Haps in July

hmmm. It looks like it's tip-the-photo day on Blogger again. oh well.

Thimble Towne is having a lovely sale today, with tables full of bolts marked 50% off. The rest of the store is 15% off. Do I need anything? You know I don't. You can't say that I don't do my part to support my local quilt shop.

The back piece is flannel, the next 6 are batiks, and the remainder are basic additions to my stash. Like I needed any.

The good news is that while I was at the quilt store, I met some friends who were talking about the inability to find Marimekko prints. Hey, guess what?! I've got some that I'm more that happy to share.

I am so pleased that they did come by and take a few pieces off my hands. yay!! Now I have room for a few of the new pieces that I brought home today. (And if you believe that, well...)

When I got home, I was happy to discover that my quilts had returned home from Sacred Threads. One of my boys was still in residence and able to sign for them. yay!

I wish this photo hadn't tipped. It shows the Sacred Threads CD, the program, and the folder of viewers' commentaries that came home with my quilt. I haven't read them yet, but it looks like all of the comments were for "Psalm 46:10 Be Still." Apparently I'm not the only one who has been powerfully affected by such simple words.

Finally, I am glad that I went by the shop today. I was reminded that tomorrow is the Great Little Quilt Sale in Lemoore. I've been a couple of times and have been thrilled to actually "win" a couple of the quilts at silent auction. If I play my cards right tomorrow, I might just be able to get myself over there and do some browsing. I know it's all for a good cause.

And that's about it for now. I got in 3 more hours of hand quilting yesterday, and can actually say that my progress was noticeable. yay! Quilt faster, quilt faster!!!

1 comment:

pb said...

Suzie, If you have marimekko left I will be glad to take a piece off your hands. The quilting is beautiful. But I think that you are "nuts" maybe more like I am jealous if I had brought hand work like my little quilt I would be doing something productive instead of just sitting. The quilting is beautiful. You amaze me.