Friday, July 31, 2009

Last Day for July Step

Ahh. No pictures this morning, maybe later. I'm still trying to move into the Studio...I love how that word is beginning to roll trippingly off the tongue, without hesitation. Studio. Studio. Studio. I love it!

Anyway, the contents of the Annex are gradually diminishing. Unfortunately I've decided that several bins will be staying under the bed. I really liked having NOTHING under that bed, but for now? It's the best place to get things out of my way.

Another unfortunate observation is that I moved several things into the Studio yesterday, without finding a place to put them. These are important things, like my BIG box of orphan blocks, etc., so I MUST deal with them. They are too big to ignore, and too important to stash in the way back of the closet. Perhaps today I'll have more creative storage inspiration. (I expect to be inspired and cleaned up by noon, so I can get back to quilting!)

As you know, or perhaps you missed it, I actually finished my June/July Step. yay!! Both months my goal was to finish my Hoffman, and it is actually complete. whoop, whoop, wahoo!

I've felt like an unorganized mess since the first of June, which was when I went from sewing area to empty room. Everything was crammed into the Annex (or Daniel's room or the dining room or the living room) and nothing was readily accessible. I haven't forgotten that I haven't rewarded any of you for your June Step.

In fact, I'm planning to send a reward to those of you who have been faithfully stepping along without me, and bearing with me through this extended period of upheaval. I hope to get something into the mail by early August, goals are good and all that.

Speaking of which, I need to post my Step for the coming month. It may be unattainable, but it is realistic. I'll post it first thing in the morning. I need to get a picture.

Good luck with your Steps, we're more than halfway through the year. I'm so excited! I even have a FINISHED quilt (my Hoffman) as a result of this Step challenge. I hope the rest of you are feeling as encouraged as I am!

No comments: