Friday, July 10, 2009

More Shopping

The roofers are done, it's time to celebrate. How should we do that? Let's go shopping! World Handcrafts/the Mennonite Quilt Center are having their semi-annual sale. hmmm. Do I need anything? Let's rephrase that. Do I want anything? These look good to me...

Once I got them home, I decided that I REALLY like the spattered green. I've never seen it before, and I should have bought more. oh well. Good thing I bought 2 yards. This photo does not do it justice. It is not even remotely grey.

My other splurge shopping arrived yesterday, or was it the day before? This is the new collection of Superior Hand Quilting Thread. It's called "Treasures," and it's all variegated. I thought it might work for my Hoffman, but the lights are too light and the darks are too dark. Oh well. I think I'll have a lot of fun playing with this in future projects.

Here's the sewing room update: The cabinetry is stained and in the process of finishing with polyurethane. It should be delivered on Monday afternoon. Can I wait? Not hardly! But I'm working on it.

This weekend we're off to see Wicked. I don't think I've ever been to a large scale professional musical production, so this should be quite the experience. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: