Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Step Update

I thought it might be about time to give you a look-see at my Hoffman Challenge.

I'm not going to show you the front, I'm showing you the back. That way you can see my actual quilting progress.


I'm moving forward, really I am. It's just very slow going. I figured a shot from the back gives you a better idea of how far I've come and how much further I've left to go. The top photo shows how close to the edge the quilting will eventually be (on the right and bottom). I have far to go on the left and top. And I've got plenty of gaps that need to be filled in as well.

This second view might give you a better idea of my progress. You can always click on a picture, to enlarge it.

So there you go. My June Step has evolved into my July Step. I may not have completed my June Step, but I definitely spent more than a few hours working on it. Oh, and if you can't tell, I should probably point out that this piece is hand-quilted.

My biggest issue is that I'm running out of quilting thread. I bought some honey-colored Gutermann quilting thread #1225 several years ago. It's perfect for this project, but I didn't have a full spool. I getting close to the end, and the new Gutermann #1225 is a greenish brown, not honey-colored. If anyone has a spool of the old #1225, I'll buy it from you. Anyone? Help! :)

I'm continuing my quilting, praying for either a loaves & fishes experience or that the eventual switch to a different thread won't be too terribly noticeable. After all, I'm already quilting the quilt with both green and this honey-brown, since I knew I didn't have an abundance of brown.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: