Monday, July 13, 2009

Wicked Weekend

We took a quick jaunt to San Francisco this weekend, to help our daughter with an early birthday celebration. We were off to see the Wizard, and I think our crew was looking forward to it. Contrast the smiling faces piled into this car, as compared with the faces from that mini-car in Germany last summer. A little elbow room goes a long way!!

Our destination was the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco. It's worth the trip, if you've ever thought you might like to see/experience this musical. It was excellent.

We had a nice Greek dinner at Kokkari, then headed back to said daughter's apartment. There had been a gentle rain while we were eating, and we even saw a rainbow. I thought this view of the Bay Bridge was pretty amazing. I've always seen it from the other direction.

When we got to the apartment, Pete made himself right at home. Can you spot his stockinged feet? You might have to click to make the photo larger.

Why is it that someone else's fog seems appealing, even romantic? I never sigh wistfully when it fogs in the valley, I only sigh with resignation...

Finally, here is the birthday girl and her hubby. Happy early birthday, Sweetie!! Hope your day is splendiferous!!

1 comment:

pb said...

Well have you had time to put quilts in the cabinet. I think I must still have vestages of the flu (correct spelling). I am going to the doctor in a couple of hours. How long are you gone. Let's do dinner when you get back.