Sunday, August 2, 2009

August Step

My August Step was very realistic when I set it. I mean, how hard can it be, to quilt a quilt by machine? hmmm. Apparently it's going to be more of a challenge than I originally planned.

I'm back in business, once again taking in quilts for hire. I've got two on the shelf to baste tomorrow. I have two more potentials, that will probably arrive this week. Finding time to do my own work may take more finagling than I first thought.

Add in the surprise that I've booked tickets to CO later this month, and August is going to be busy, busy.

That's why my Step will be to simply finish the quilting, no more.

I originally wanted to finish the quilt and get it entered in Pacific International, but with less than three weeks before the deadline, I don't think that's going to happen. Oh well. There's always next year.

So, there you go. My August Step goal is to quilt this rafting quilt. I'll keep you posted.

P.S. Don't forget to let me know what your August Step will be, along with when you've finished it...

1 comment:

pb said...

I am almost afraid to make a step for august, but here it is: finish two quilt tops. The month seems short already.