Thursday, August 13, 2009

Half-full & Empty

In preparation for a camping trip, two of the boys came home for a bit. The oldest brought his latest toy, they're called jumping stilts. He says they were developed by the Army, to help soldiers run faster and jump higher. They take some getting used to.

It's not so easy to stand in these, and a nice ledge helps a lot.


My, what a big boy you are!! (The smaller one is almost 6'4".)

While they were jumping around I spotted one of the neighborhood foxes. They've lived here for years, and interact well with most humans. (They ignore us.) There's one neighbor who insists she's seen a fox carry off a full-grown cat. I don't believe her. This fox is the same size as my full-grown cat.

The fox curled up on the neighbor's lawn, to watch the happenings. Unfortunately it was almost dark, and all my camera picked up were the eyes.

If you click on the next picture, you can see his silhouette, with the long nose, pointy ears and bushy tail. Definitely not a cat, but it is cat-sized.

Here's another picture of the boy and his stilts. My, what long legs you have!!

I had grand plans today, to work on my August Step. Goals are good. I even had a very healthy lunch, accompanied by Dr. Pepper to keep me awake late into the night.

But when I got home, I realized that although I'd done youngest son's laundry (he asked, pretty please), I hadn't ironed his shirts yet. This boy has a lot of shirts. There were already 5 in the closet, that I'd ironed last night.

I pulled out the ironing board and went to work. I've ironed all but 7. And I've lost my incentive to quilt. All I want to do is sit down with a book.

I'm signed up for a class tomorrow, that I thought I might skip. It's Cindy Needham, with an open thread bar. hmmm. I've been told I need to be there, there are things I can learn. I talked to her today, and she told me I don't have to stay for the WHOLE time. She also told me I can work on anything I like, I don't have to do her project.

Well, in that case...

I've put the Kitty Motu together with a back, and pulled out a second small artsy quiltlet from my bottomless UFO box. They are both set together with backs and batting and ready for tomorrow's class, just in case I wake up not wanting to work on my rafting quilt.

But for now? That book sounds good, as does just putting up my feet up and pretending I'm a vegetable.

yep. I think I'll do just that. laters!

P.S. In case you were wondering about the title of this post, I was referring to the status of the nest. ;)

No comments: