Thursday, November 19, 2009

Keeping Warm When It's Cold...

I'll start off with this picture of Wendy VB and her quilt, "Loretta Lives." This is the quilt that was voted Best Overall in our quilt guild's Circle Challenge. The label reads, "Made in the memory of Loretta White, who lived and died to the glory of God." At least I think that's what it said. I'm "quoting" from memory.

Please be sure to click on the photo to enlarge it and really appreciate Wendy's beautiful hand-quilted quilt. :)

This morning it was cold and foggy. Fog is nothing new if you're from around here. But, since this was the first foggy day of the season, I took pictures. Here's the view from the front door...it doesn't look TOO bad...

And here's the view from the driveway. As you can see, there's plenty of visibility, for about 50 feet. Then it's socked in. It took a while to get used to driving in this, but now it's not so bad. (I can say that, now that I've been driving in it for 25 years!)

And if you're cold, here's how to stay warm. Cat blankets.

This was taken last night. I was sitting there, minding my own business, when Malcolm stole my lap. Edgar thought he needed some lovin' too, and since the lap was taken, he took the next best thing.

I'm always telling the cats (and kids), "If you're sprawled on the floor, you're going to get mistaken for a rug." I guess it follows that if you're sprawled on the couch, you can be mistaken for a couch! It's the warmest I was all day!

3 comments:

pb said...

you still constantly amaze me and fansicinate me. Can you tell I don't have spell check. Good night

Deborah said...

Cat blankets are the best!

Nina Marie said...

The quilt is lovely - I know that little by little hand quilting has gone out of style but I still love the look of it!