Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Patterns For Sale

I have this friend, named Sharon L. Schlotzhauer. If you've ever seen her quilts or noticed her name, well, I'm sure you remember both. We met in the Denver airport. We'd been on the same plane coming home from Paducah, back in 2006 - has it been that long?

Anyway, one thing led to another, and we get together about once a year (although this year it was twice!)

Sharon's quilts are spectacular. If you've seen them, you probably remember them. But I digress.

Sharon has been teaching a few classes lately, and as a teaching tool, she's written some patterns. She asked me to help test them, and I test-sewed three of the four. She is now offering them for sale.

The first is "Pray For Our Troops," this is her sample.

The pattern looks like this:

And my test-sew looked like this:

The second pattern I tested was this one. Her quilt looked like this:

The pattern looks like this:

And my test piece looks like this:

The third pattern I tested was a butterfly. Hers looks like this:

The pattern looks like this:

My sample looks like this:

I didn't get around to testing this one, but here is Sharon's quilt:

And here is her pattern:

As you can tell - or maybe you can't - Sharon's patterns are exquisite. I am completely unfamiliar with her techniques (I prefer handwork, her patterns use Wonder Under and Steam a Seam 2), yet I was able to produce some lovely quilt tops. (I have to admit that I have not done the machine applique yet. But I will. I promise.)

Sharon is selling her patterns for $7.00. Shipping is $1.50 for the first pattern and $.50 for additional patterns ordered at the same time.

If you are interested, please leave a comment or email me, and I'll pass it along to Sharon.

Hope you like them!!! (Can you believe it's December?!!)

No comments: