Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Blog Award?

Wow. I don't know what to say. Really. A "Blog Award"? For me? I've seen them on various blogs, but never paid a lot of attention. They've always seemed, shall I say, a bit self-indulgent. But this one is pretty. I like the flower, I like the sky, and I like the name. I also like its stated purpose, which is to acknowledge "bloggers who inspire others with positivity and creativity."

Thank you, Peggy, for putting me on your list! I am truly honored.

I'm not one for "chain letter" activity - I've made it a point to break every "chain" I've been handed since 1982 (that's a story in itself) - but this one seems to be different.

The rules for accepting the award are:

1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post. check
2. Pass the award to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award. check

Okay, 2-4. That's going to take a while. I've already linked to Peggy near the top of this post.

Twelve bloggers that inspire others with positivity and creativity. Here goes nothing.

1. Allie, who makes the most gorgeous beautiful crazy quilty art. She also gardens.
2. Lisa, who also makes gorgeous crazy quilty art. Her photography takes one's breath away.
3. Wanda, who is more productive than a dozen quilters. Her thumb is also green.
4. Deborah, who creates without a machine. She is the master of "reckless embellishment."
5. Kim, who rivals Wanda in productivity. She's a whiz at rescuing wool and giving it new life.
6. Vicki, who "field trips the web" and shares all kinds of links to get your creative juices flowing.
7. Del, who generously shares her quilt collection online. She also likes to road trip.
8. Melody, whose blog got me hooked on blogging in the first place. Color. LOTS of color!
9. Robin, who blogs from Hawaii. Beautiful family, beautiful quilts, beautiful photography.
10. Tanya, who blogs from Japan. She shares her life, her quilts, her cats...
11. Penny, who recently returned to Oklahoma. She quilts and loves all things Samoyed.
12. Victoria, who doesn't blog as frequently, but when she does, it's worth waiting for.

whew! Choosing 12 is tougher than it looks. There are many other blogs that I read, but to find those who exude "positivity and creativity," and blog regularly...that's actually a bit of a challenge.

And now, I'm off to comment on those 12 blogs. Thank you, Peggy, for the award. I will try to live up to it. And I hope the rest of you take the time to click on this list of blogs that I read with regularity. You might just find another one or two to add to your personal list of "favorites." Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Suzanne,

You definitely deserved this! Your blog is warm and fuzzy.

Love,

Kay

Vicki W said...

Thanks very much, Suzanne! I always love stopping by your blog to see what great things you are doing!

Deborah said...

Thanks, Suzanne!

Victoria said...

Suzanne , congrats on receiving this award and thank you so much for including me, I truly appreciate it! (However, please forgive me, as I am awful at following through on these.) xo V

Tanya said...

Thank you Suzanne! You are right. There are so many wonderful blogs and many of the ones you ahve chosen, I visit too! I don't know about the creativity on my blog. Regularly yes. And positivity, I try. Thank you!