Friday, March 12, 2010

A Cat Post

I've been quite busy around here. It seems like I haven't had time to stop and pay attention to much of anything, let alone the blog. I'm sorry I've been absent. I haven't been avoiding you, I've been busy.

NotMyCat is still here, but he's no longer Mr. Passive Aggressive. The other cats continue to dislike him, and they don't like the fact that I feed him in a separate bowl, in a separate place. As you can see, this is Edgar.

Whenever they walk past NotMyCat's dish, and see food in it, they stop to eat. I don't think it matters whether they are hungry or not. The only thing that matters is that it's NotMyCat's dish.

NotMyCat didn't mind this time - he was up to his own shenanigans.

I think I told you he stole Charlie's comfy bed. Now all three cats (Charlie, Edgar, & Hecate) try to squeeze together on the cat tree at night. Look at this guy. I think he loves making trouble. He's mastered the "Who me? What?" look, for sure.

When I got home yesterday afternoon, Charlie went outside after a nap. He found this box, which he seemed to be VERY interested in. Edgar soon joined him. I thought there must be a bug in it. (Charlie's good at catching bugs.)

My son looked, and said, "It's not a bug! It's a rat!!"

Well, I wasn't going to get my nose in there and see. That's when I got the camera. I used the ZOOM feature.


Eek!! A mouse!!!

Edgar usually knows just what to do with them...

But this mouse was smart. Because he was able to find protection, I didn't think it was fair to dump him out for the cats. I thought three cats could handle one mouse.

Here you can see Charlie and Edgar in the foreground, and NotMyCat in the background. They tag-team mouse-watched for quite a while. At this point, they are listening to the dog on the other side of the fence have a fit.

What happened in the end? I don't know. The box was empty, the cats had gone, and there was not hide nor hair of a mouse to be seen. I think he got away. Smart mouse. And if he's REALLY smart, he went over the fence to the neighbors and far away from the Cat Sanctuary, right? Right!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Never a dull moment! You got got some great pictures, especially of that little mouse head. I wouldn't want to deal with him but I'm glad he got away, outside.