Friday, May 14, 2010

Working on a Wearable?


It's true. A long time ago, probably at least 3 or 4 years, I began a vest. hmmm. Actually, it was the year of our 30th high school reunions, which would have been 2006, good heavens! Anyway, I made a skirt and worked to put together a vest, Rosemary Eichorn-style.

I didn't get very far. I think the class met 4 times. I made it to one or two meetings at most. As I said, I didn't get very far.

I kept intending to get back to it, and today I did.

I was actually in a class to make a wallhanging and learn some embellishment techniques. I thought this would be the perfect canvas on which to practice. I did not need another UFO. :)

I did make progress. At this rate, I'll be done in 20 years. This was definitely fun, I'll have to say that.

Here is the front - if I remember correctly, the point on the right side holds a button hole.


This is the other vest front. I put all of the applique in place before I realized that this is almost completely covered by the waves and turtles. Oh well. It was good practice.


As I said, at this rate, I'll be done in 20 years.

And now, I'm going to do a bit of beading, because it will be a nice change of pace. I'm weeks behind on Flash Forward, and I'm going to try to play an episode of catch-up. Wish me well.

Tomorrow I will be quilting water all day long. Promise.

1 comment:

Del said...

I will look forward to seeing your completed vest - it looks great!