Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pictures Today

I've chosen a background for NotMyCat. Since he'd moved to our house, aka "the tropics," and he liked to hang out on the cushion with the tropical cover, I thought this background would be perfect. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Other cats have come by to pay their respects. To say that I was DISTURBED by this vision out the window would be an understatement.

In the shadow, he looked black. He's really brown. I've seen him before, and refer to him as NotMyCat's brown brother.

Here you can see that he is much lankier than NotMyCat, but he has the same markings. I snapped this picture before he high-tailed it over the fence.

Yesterday I sat down to make a thank you card for my daughter and her husband. Last month they treated us to Cirque de Soleil, and it was quite the experience. It was so memorable, I thought it deserved a lasting thank you, rather than a paper note.

I don't know if you can tell, but the "dotty" purple and green fabrics are actually covered with beads. This is what I did during the World Cup game, instead of work on my Hoffman. Bad Quilter! ;) I'll work on the Hoffman today, I promise!

I'd made the background of the Alegria card bigger, to fit the embroidery hoop. I used the trimmings to make this birthday card. It has some fluffy yarn couched along a couple of seams.

DeAnn's timing was perfect. She'd seen a few of the other cards I've made. When I said that I mail them, she recited her address. Turns out her birthday is Friday. Perfect timing for DeAnn, was it not? :)

No comments: